1. Assignment 2: Accounting Quality
Due Aug.13, 2013 At 11:59 PM
Based on the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and SEC reporting requirements for publically traded companies,
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Assess the roles of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of a public company for establishing an ethical environment that generates quality accounting and reliable financial reporting for use by shareholders and investors. Provide support for your assessment.
2. Recommend a strategy for a CEO to implement, leading to an ethical environment that leads to high-quality accounting, reporting, and forecasting. Provide support for your recommendation.
3. Suggest how corporate management can provide assurances to investors that the performance forecast and expected earnings will be realized, minimizing the volatility of the stock price. Provide support for your suggestions.
4. Evaluate the consequences to a publically traded company when there is a lack of quality within financial accounting and reporting, indicating how these consequences may be minimized. Provide support for your answer.
5. Assess the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act related to accounting quality, indicating whether or not you believe the requirements are sufficient to protect stockholders and potential investors. Provide support for your position.
6. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Understand the reporting of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for publically traded companies.
· Evaluate the quality of accounting information for an organization, including the economic content and earnings sustainability.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial analysis and reporting.
· Write clearly and concisely about financial analysis and reporting using proper writing mechanics.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more