A. Introduction – Alternations in minimum wage
a. Key points
i. The impact for changing in the minimum wage and employment status
ii. Advantages of minimum wages increasing
iii. Disadvantages of minimum wages decreasing
B. Body – the alternations in the minimum wages and employment status, and what are the advantages and disadvantages
a. Point 1 – impact of changing in the minimum wages
i. Research concept
1. Raising the minimum wage would be a good way to combat poverty.
ii. Research concept
1. Against increasing the minimum wage often relies on creating the illusion of consensus and reducing a complex topic to a simple, open-and-shut case.
2. A pair of supply and demand curves proves that a minimum wage increases unemployment and hurts exactly the low-wage workers it is supposed to help.
b. Point 2 – Advantages in raising the minimum wages
i. Research concept: Raising the minimum wage would increase economic activity and spur job growth.
1. Supporting idea(s) : “Little or no evidence of a negative association between minimum wages and employment.”
2. Connect to next concepts were corroborated by economists Hristos Doucouliagos,
ii. Research concept : Increasing the minimum wage would reduce poverty.
1. Supporting idea(s) : Estimated that increasing the minimum wage is “projected to reduce the number of non-elderly living in poverty by around 4.6 million, or by 6.8 million when longer term effects are accounted for.”
2. Connect to next concept : Study by University of Massachusetts at Amherst economist Arindrajit Dube, PhD,
iii. Research concept : The minimum wage has not kept up with inflation
1. Supporting idea(s) : According to Liana Fox, PhD, Senior Analyst at the Economic Policy Institute, “inflation indexing guarantees low-wage workers a wage that keeps pace with the rising costs of goods and services.”
2. Connect to next concept : Raising the minimum wage and indexing it to inflation would ensure that low-wage workers could adopt a standard of living commensurate with the current economy.
c. Point 3 – Disadvantages in raising the minimum wages
i. Increasing the minimum wage would force businesses to lay off employees and raise unemployment levels.
1. Supporting idea(s) : The Congressional Budget Office projected that a minimum wage increase from $7.25 to $10.10 would result in a loss of 500,000 jobs.
2. Connect to next concept : San Francisco’s Office of Economic Analysis said that an increase to $15 would reduce the city’s employment by about “15,270 private sector jobs.”
ii. Raising the minimum wage would increase poverty.
1. Study from the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland found that although low-income workers see wage increases when the minimum wage is raised,
2. As explained by George Reisman, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Economics at Pepperdine University, “The higher wages are, the higher costs of production are. The higher costs of production are, the higher prices are. The higher prices are, the smaller the quantities of goods and services demanded and the number of workers employed in producing them.”
C. Summary Paragraph
i. Summary of point 1: Raising the minimum wage would be a good way to combat poverty.
ii. Summary of point 2: Raising the minimum wage would increase economic activity and spur job growth.
iii. Summary of point 3: Increasing the minimum wage would force businesses to lay off employees and raise unemployment levels.
D. Conclusion – The raising of the minimum wages is bringing many things in economics. There are advantages that are would increase economic activity and spur job growth , has not kept up with inflation and Increasing the minimum wage would reduce poverty. On the other hand, raising the minimum wage would increase poverty and Increasing the minimum wage would force businesses to lay off employees and raise unemployment levels.
Jin Sim outline (Alternations in minimum wage)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more