Problem 6-12 Journal Entries
Start with the Art Museum Statements of Financial Assets, Liabilities and Net Assets balances at fiscal year-end June 30, 20X1, shown in the Putting It All Together example in Chapter 6, pages 217-222, of “ Today’s Essenetials of Governmental and Not-For-Profit Accounting & Reporting”, 1e, by Susan W. Martin and Elle West.
a. Record the following transaction for fiscal year July 1, 20X1, to June 30, 20X2, in journal entries.
1. Admission fees of $850,000 were received.
2. Salaries and wages of $500,000 and $100,000 in fringe benefits were paid.
3. The capital lease payable of $4,000 and mortgage payable of $22,000 payments were made.
4. Utility charges of $28,000 were paid.
5. The Gift Shop ordered and received inventory of $45,000 and had sales of $65,000. Inventory at fiscal year-end was $18,000.
6. The phonathon yielded pledges of $300,000: 50% were paid before fiscal year end.
7. The donor made a donation of $500,000 to be permanently invested with earnings to be used to support general operating activity ($5000 in interest was received during this fiscal year).
8. Accounts payable were paid in full before fiscal year-end.
9. The annual spring reception generated $70,000 in revenue and cost $15,000.
10. Depreciation expense of $50,000 on the museum and $5000 on furniture & fixtures was recorded.
11. Investment income of $108,000 temporarily restricted and $6000 unrestricted was received (in addition to the $5000 mentioned above in item 7).
12. Closing entries were recorded.
b. Prepare the basic financial statements for the Art Museum at fiscal year-end June 30, 20X2.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more