General Instructions for all Assignments
1. Unless specified differently by your course instructor, save this assignment template to your computer with the following file naming format: Course number_section number_Last_First_unit number
2. At the top of the template, insert the appropriate information: Your Name, Course Number and Section, and the Date
3. Insert your answers below, or in the appropriate space provided for in the question. Your answers should follow APA format with citations to your sources and, at the bottom of your last page, a list of references. Your answers should also be in Standard English with correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and style (double spaced, in Times New Roman, 12–point, and black font). Respond to questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions.
4. Upload the completed Assignment to the appropriate Dropbox.
5. Any questions about the Assignment, or format questions, should be directed to your course instructor.
In this Assignment, you will define and calculate the remaining six major cost elements of a business, when given the Total Costs and the Quantity Produced, as well as to use the computed costs to determine a minimum cost output level for that business. In addition, you will also clearly explain how the Average Total Cost of a new output level is affected by its share of Fixed Costs and Variable Costs.
1. When Total Costs (TC) are known, explain how to calculate each of the following:
a. Fixed Costs (FC)
b. Variable Costs (VC)
c. Average Variable Costs (AVC)
d. Average Total Costs (ATC)
e. Average Fixed Costs (AFC)
f. Marginal Costs (MC)
2. Table 1. Shows the hourly production and Total Cost estimates for a new manufacturing firm wishing to enter the smart phone market. Fill in the blank cells in columns a., b., c., d., and e. on the table by computing the appropriate values.
|Smart cell phones produced in an hour||Total Cost (TC)||Variable Costs (VC)||Average Variable Costs (AVC)||Average Total Costs (ATC)||Average Fixed Cost (AFC)||Marginal Cost (MC)|
3. Based on your calculations in completing the table in Question 2, what is this manufacturer’s minimum cost output level? Explain your answer.
4. According to our textbook (page 341) when one additional unit is produced, two factors directly impact the change in average total costs, the Spreading effect and the Diminishing Returns effect. In the following two situations explain how the factors of the Spreading effect and the Diminishing Returns effect cause the average total cost to be different.
a. Production of the 10th Gizmo resulted in an average total cost (ATC) of $20, but production of the 11th Gizmo resulted in an average total cost of $22.
b. Production of the 10th Gizmo resulted in an average total cost (ATC) of $20, but production of the 11th Gizmo resulted in an average total cost of $18.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more