Case Study 1: Auctions
The following video describes auctions as price discovery mechanisms
Use the video on auctions and at least 3 academic and/or high-quality business publications, see definitions below, to answer the following questions in 5-7 pages:
1. There are many types of auctions each with strengths and weakness at uncovering the real price/value of an item. Compare and contrast:
a) the English and Dutch auctions; and,
b) the sealed bid first price auction and the Vickery Auction.
2. After many months of offers and counter offers for Sky PLC, the UK’s The Takeover Panel (http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/) required that Sky PLC be acquired via an auction. What type of auction was the Sky auction, who were the bidders and who won? Given that there had been multiple public offers revealed by the bidders, was the auction type selected the best type of auction for the Sky acquisition?
3. Auctions are widely used in finance, e-commerce and in e-games. Identify 3 applications of auctions used in finance, e-commerce and/or e-games. Explain the:
a) need for an auction in the product/service; and
b) what type of auction is used and why that type of auction is appropriate for the product/service.
4. Auctions are also widely used to generate revenue for not-for-profit organizations. What are the advantages/disadvantages of auctions as revenue generators for not-for-profit organizations?
5. Suggest ways in which the company you work for, or the company which you aspire to work for, can use auctions to better uncover value and increase revenue.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment length.
Acceptable Types of Publications
The definition of a high-quality professional business publication is one which is primarily a publication directed to reporting and/or analysis of the workings of business. Examples are: Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters…etc. Avoid general news publications such as USA Today, Washington Post, NY Times.
PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON WIKIPEDIA, INVESTOPEDIA OR ANY OTHER PEDIA AS A REFERENCE AT ANYTIME IN THIS COURSE.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more