1) Proceeds from an issue of debt securities having stock warrants should NOT be allocated between debt and equity features when
2) The conversion of preferred stock may be recorded by the
3) The conversion of preferred stock into common stock requires that any excess of the par value of the common shares issued over the carrying amount of the preferred being converted should be
4) A primary source of stockholders equity is
5) Stockholders equity is generally classified into two major categories:
6) When a corporation issues its capital stock in payment for services, the least appropriate basis for recording the transaction is the
7) Treasury shares are
8) “Gains” on sales of treasury stock (using the cost method) should be credited to
9) How should a “gain” from the sale of treasury stock be reflected when using the cost method of recording treasury stock transactions?
10) In computing earnings per share, the equivalent number of shares of convertible preferred stock are added as an adjustment to the denominator (number of shares outstanding). If the preferred stock is cumulative, which amount should then be added as an adjustment to the numerator (net earnings)?
11) When computing diluted earnings per share, convertible bonds are
12) What effect will the acquisition of treasury stock have on stockholders equity and earnings per share, respectively?
13) On May 1, 2007, Kent Corp. declared and issued a 10% common stock dividend. Prior to this dividend, Kent had 100,000 shares of $1 par value common stock issued and outstanding. The fair value of Kent s common stock was $20 per share on May 1, 2007. As a result of this stock dividend, Kents total stockholders equity
14) How would the declaration and subsequent issuance of a 10% stock dividend by the issuer affect each of the following when the market value of the shares exceeds the par value of the stock?
Additional Common Stock | Paid-in Capital
15) At its date of incorporation, Wilson, Inc. issued 100,000 shares of its $10 par common stock at $11 per share. During the current year, Wilson acquired 20,000 shares of its common stock at a price of $16 per share and accounted for them by the cost method. Subsequently, these shares were reissued at a price of $12 per share. There have been no other issuances or acquisitions of its own common stock. What effect does the reissuance of the stock have on the following accounts?
Retained Earnings | Additional Paid-in Capital
16) Which of the following is correct about the effective-interest method of amortization?
18) An unrealized holding gain on a companys available-for-sale securities should be reflected in the current financial statements as
19) Investments in debt securities should be recorded on the date of acquisition at
20) Securities which could be classified as held-to-maturity are
21) Which of the following is NOT a debt security?
22) An investor has a long-term investment in stocks. Regular cash dividends received by the investor are recorded as
Fair Value Method | Equity Method
23) When a company holds between 20% and 50% of the outstanding stock of an investee, which of the following statements applies?
24) Bista Corporation declares and distributes a cash dividend that is a result of current earnings. How will the receipt of those dividends affect the investment account of the investor under each of the following accounting methods?
Fair Value Method | Equity Method
25) Debt securities that are accounted for at amortized cost, NOT fair value, are
26) Equity securities acquired by a corporation which are accounted for by recognizing unrealized holding gains or losses as other comprehensive income and as a separate component of stockholders equity are
27) Use of the effective-interest method in amortizing bond premiums and discounts results in
28) All of the following are characteristics of a derivative financial instrument EXCEPT the instrument
29) The accounting for fair value hedges records the derivative at its
30) All of the following statements regarding accounting for derivatives are correct EXCEPT that
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more