College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Principles of Management (MGT101)
Deadline: 11/04/2020 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Principles of Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT101||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1440/1441 H, 2nd Term|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: /10||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· This Assignment comprise of a short Case.
· Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-3 students will able to understand the
LO 2. Recognize the functions of planning, organizing and controlling and how they interrelate (Lo2.1)
LO 4. Apply knowledge and techniques of strategic planning and decision making. (Lo2.1)
Please read the Management in Action case “Norwegian Air Shuttle Aspires to Become the Cheapest Global Airline” at the end of Chapter 4 “Global Management” available in your textbook Management: A Practical Approach 7th edition by Kinicki, A., & Williams, B., and answer the following questions:
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 10)
1. What are the biggest challenges Norwegian experienced in trying to expand its airline across the globe? (2.5 marks)
1. Use Table 4.4 (Given below) to identify cultural differences that are likely to arise between Norwegian employees working in Denmark and Sweden and Thailand. How might these differences affect interpersonal interactions, and what can the company do to reduce any unintended conflict from these differences? (3 marks)
1. What are the most important lessons to be learned about global management from this case? Discuss.(2 marks)
TABLE 4.4 Countries Ranking Highest and Lowest on the Globe Cultural Dimensions
|Power distance||Morocco, Argentina, Thailand, Spain, Russia||Denmark, Netherlands, South Africa (black sample), Israel, Costa Rica|
|Uncertainty avoidance||Switzerland, Sweden, Germany (former West), Denmark, Austria||Russia, Hungary, Bolivia, Greece, Venezuela|
|Institutional collectivism||Sweden, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Denmark||Greece, Hungary, Germany (former East), Argentina, Italy|
|In-group collectivism||Iran, India, Morocco, China, Egypt||Denmark, Sweden, New Zealand, Netherlands, Finland|
|Gender egalitarianism||Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, Denmark, Sweden||South Korea, Egypt, Morocco, India, China|
|Assertiveness||Germany (former East), Austria, Greece, United States, Spain||Sweden, New Zealand, Switzerland, Japan, Kuwait|
|Future orientation||Singapore, Switzerland, Netherlands, Canada (English speaking), Denmark||Russia, Argentina, Poland, Italy, Kuwait|
|Performance orientation||Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Taiwan, United States||Russia, Argentina, Greece, Venezuela, Italy|
|Human orientation||Philippines, Ireland, Malaysia, Egypt, Indonesia||Germany (former West), Spain, France, Singapore, Brazil|
1. Source: Adapted from M. Javidan and R. J. House, “Cultural Acumen for the Global Manager: Lessons from Project GLOBE,” Organizational Dynamics, Spring 2001, pp. 289–305.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more