For today’s class you needed to read “Speech Act Lumber and Paint,” “Coherence,” “Variations on a Frame,” and “Sailors and Immigrants” in the Agar textbook. Please answer any ONE question from EACH of the four chapters (four answers in all) as grouped below.
“Speech Act Lumber and Paint”
1. How does Garfinkel’s experimental approach help you test what differences matter? What might be some problems with this method?
2. What is structure?
3. What is the relation of structure to content?
4. How do structure and content relate to action?
5. What is the purpose of detailed analysis like Hyme’s SPEAKING, the “grammars” of Chapter Five, and the transcripts discussed in this chapter?
1. How can cultural coherence lead to communication difficulties within a society?
2. How can intercultural communication transform this?
3. What do the examples in this chapter suggest about how cultural systems change?
“Variations on a Frame”
1. How is culture tied to identities?
2. How do we express identities through culture?
3. What does Agar mean by saying some identities are denser than others?
4. What three things does Agar say people can do with social identities?
“Sailors and Immigrants”
1. What does MAR stand for?
2. What concepts from the rest of the book are useful in adopting Agar’s MAR approach to intercultural relations?
3. Why engage in this kind of intercultural communication? (I count three answers offered by Agar. Maybe you can find more…)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more