Best practice lamb feedlotting
1. Make sure the feedlot is well-drained, has shade, ample fresh water with
efficient water troughs, waterproof self-feeders, excellent fencing and easy
access to yarding.
2. Clean, cool water should be available at all times.
3. Lambs entering the feedlot should be in good health and ideally have high
growth potential and have been imprinted to grain or a pelleted ration before
4. Ear tag to monitor individual lamb performance (best practice is to use RFID –
radio frequency identification tags).
5. Vaccinate with 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 plus Vitamin E and B12
6. Drench (anthelminthic) with effective drench on entry to feedlot
7. If feeding a high diet with high levels of starch such as barley or wheat, introduce
to high starch gradually according to recommendations
8. Diet should be fed ad libitum (unlimited) and contain about 12 megajoules of
metabolizable energy/kg dry matter and 15-16% crude protein, depending on
liveweight of lambs. They will normally eat about 4% of their liveweight per day.
The diet should contain salt, an appropriate mineral mix and buffers.
9. Faecal consistency scores (1 to 5) should be assessed regularly to monitor
scouring and risk of acidosis
10.Feed intake should be monitored daily
11. Liveweights should be monitored regularly to estimate lamb growth rates and
poor performers should be removed as soon as possible
Further details on sheep nutrition and lamb feedlotting are provided in lectures and
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more