Discussion Question # 3
1. Identify a five-year period that does not overlap anyone else’s. You will reuse this same five-year period in the next two discussions to discuss fiscal policy and the Phillip’s Curve.
2. This is not about defining terms. Anyone that spends an inordinate amount of time defining things like growth, recession, fiscal policy, etc. will not get credit. Everyone can look this up in the book.
3. You may “claim” a time frame before you are prepared to post about it.
4. Put the dates in your subject line, e.g. US Growth 2000-2005 (This can be a period or growth or decline, i.e. recession or depression.
5. Find data to explain what happened during this time period. (See links below)
6. It helps greatly if you find a news article from a reputable source that describes the events that occurred and potentially impacted the economy those five years. Even if it only looks at part of the time period it will still be useful.
7. This is a more fact based (positive economics) post. You are describing events that took place, although you may have opinions or the opinions of others about what caused these events. Bottom line, normative positions are not as important for this post.
8. Cite your sources.
9. Do not repeat the topic of someone else’s post.
10. You need a minimum of three substantial interactions that add new information to the discussion. Please see the General Discussion area for more information.
Present a thorough analysis of economic growth. This will include finding data from a creditable source. Select a five-year period in US history, please no more than 5 years. Write the years you are investigating in the subject line to avoid duplication. It is your responsibility to let everyone know the period you are researching. If someone duplicates your time frame because the subject line was too generic, you will have to redo your post or lose points. You may reserve time frames while you do your research by starting a post and writing the dates in the subject line.
I prefer you discuss growth within the US, but if you have a passion for another country, you may write on that topic as well. Although we are focusing on growth, recessions are often more interesting to study, so you may include a recession in your five-year period if you would like. Most recoveries, growth, last 4 to 5 years, although lately they have lasted much longer. If you do choose to write about a recession, none lasted more than five years in the 20th or 21st centuries, including the two that make up the Great Depression, so a portion of your time frame will include the years leading up to the recession or following a recession.
When thinking about what to say, here are a few suggestions. You do not have to answer each of these questions. These are just ideas regarding things you might research and guide your thinking on this topic. a) What are the factors that contribute to economic growth during this period? Be sure you understand how the economy has grown (or not grown) over the entire five-year period you selected. b) What happened to unemployment? Inflation? c) If there was a recession, what caused that recession?
Here is a link to the data:
You can find business cycles date here:
Note: A post that merely recites an example without offering economic analysis or responding to the questions assigned, garners few points.
Your initial post is due Thursday night.
Your interaction is due Sunday night. Interaction must add new information or insight to the conversation. Be sure to answer questions from fellow students or me.
Occasionally I will add an “ALL READ AND RESPOND” post. This is something I want everyone to acknowledge reading by replying with the words “Read it.” If your response adds something new or insightful, it can be counted as an interaction.
Please do not Reply to this post.
Economic Growth 1946-1950
Present a thorough analysis of economic growth. What are the factors that contribute to economic growth? Provide your perspective as to what our society can do to enhance economic growth.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more