Due September 13 A hard copy can be turned in at class. You can also upload an entirely typed version to Carmen. Anything submitted to Carmen must be typed in order to be graded, including graphs.
1. Complete question 3.2 on page 86 of the textbook.
2. In 2009 the Yankees opened a new Yankee stadium. Among the features of the new stadium were field level luxury seats that were selling for thousands of dollars. Some commentators argued that the Yankees were losing out on potential profits by not filling the seats, since the marginal cost of selling those seats was zero. Draw a monopoly graph of tickets to show that the Yankees could still be maximizing the revenue from those seats, even if they are not selling out. Explain intuitively why this would happen.
3. You have been tasked with estimating the demand function of ticket sales for the Columbus Clippers (a regional monopoly). You found a demand function Pt = 3000 − 2Qt
(a) Draw the demand function
(b) Find and draw the Marginal Revenue function
(c) Assume the team wants to maximize revenue, what price should they charge for a ticket?
4. Unscrupulous ticket scalpers have been getting in fist fights outside of games. You suggest raising ticket prices to eliminate scalpers. Explain your suggestion.
5. Suppose you were tasked with deriving an equation to estimate ticket sales for minor league baseball teams to find cities with high revenue potential. Describe some of the variables you would include, what effect you expect those variables to have, and why. Include at least 3 variables other than the example. (For example: I would collect the population in each city to effect market size and therefore ticket sales. I anticipate cities with larger populations will have higher ticket sales.)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more