SEP 25, 2019
Cultural Responsiveness [CLOs: 3, 4] According to The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) position statement, “the nation’s children all deserve an early childhood educa
Cultural Responsiveness [CLOs: 3, 4]
According to The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) position statement, “the nation’s children all deserve an early childhood education that is responsive to their families, communities, and racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. For young children to develop and learn optimally, the early childhood professional must be prepared to meet their diverse developmental, cultural, linguistic, and educational needs.” Research suggests that when teachers have had the benefit of multicultural teacher education preparation, they are less likely to embrace cultural deficit views. To better prepare culturally responsive teachers to work successfully in culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms, Gist (2014) provides the following six characteristics:
· Sociocultural consciousness
· An affirming attitude toward students for culturally diverse backgrounds
· Commitment and skills to act as agents of change
· Constructivist views of learning
· Learning about students
· Culturally responsive teaching strategies
For this discussion, please address the following prompts:
· Select one of the characteristics mentioned above.
· Prepare a five minute presentation or create a resource that could be used for professional development with teachers and/or staff. For example, to provide professional development on culturally responsive teaching strategies, you could create a handout that defines the term, list the characteristics of culturally responsive teaching, and provides theoretical support for your definition.
· Discuss the relevance of your chosen characteristic to professional development.
· Support your work with the course text and at least one additional resource.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more