LDR 531 Final Exam
1) Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals?
2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this?
a. Managers no longer need technical skills in subjects such as economics and accounting to succeed.
b. There is an increased emphasis in controlling employee behavior in the workplace.
c. Managers need to understand human behavior if they are to be effective.
d. These skills enable managers to effectively lead human resources departments.
e. A manager with good people skills can help create a pleasant workplace.
3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills?
a. technical, decisional and interpersonal
b. technical, human, and conceptual
c. interpersonal, informational and decisional
d. conceptual, communication and networking
e. human, informational and communication
4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.
a. Organizational development
b. Human Resources Management
c. Organizational behavior
d. People management
e. Corporate strategy
5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behavior of all individuals enable researchers to do?
a. observe human behavior
b. systematize human behavior
c. research human behavior
d. predict human behavior
e. detect human behavior
6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience?
d. emotional labor
7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something?
8) If personality characteristics were completely dictated by __________, they would be fixed at
birth and no amount of experience could alter them.
a. job satisfaction
9) Which of the following are classifications on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?
10) Maria is dissatisfied with the way that her manager treats her. She has quit her job and found a new position with another firm. How has she expressed her dissatisfaction?
e. social voice
11) You quietly continue to do your work when you know things will not improve. This is what type of response to dissatisfaction?
e. social voice
12) A group
a. generates positive synergy through coordinated effort
b. generates greater outputs with no increase in inputs
c. is two or more individuals interacting and interdependent
d. engages in collective work that requires joint effort
13) __________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input.
14) What happens in the second stage of Tuckman’s five stage model of group development?
a. Close relationships are developed.
b. The group demonstrates cohesiveness.
c. Intragroup conflict often occurs.
d. Groups disband.
15) Zach is devout and very active in his church. He is also a very dedicated employee. His manager offers him a promotion, but the new role will require him to work Sundays. Zach would like the promotion, but realizes that it would force him to miss some church activities. It is likely that Zach is experiencing which of the following:
a. role conflict
b. role expectation
c. role perception
d. psychological conflict
16) Which role focuses on bringing about order and consistency by drawing up formal plans?
c. task structure
d. initiating structure
e. none of the above
17) Which statement regarding leadership is true?
a. All leaders are managers.
b. Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively.
c. All managers are leaders.
d. All leaders are hierarchically superior to followers.
e. Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.
18) What are three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model?
a. job requirements, position power, and leadership ability
b. charisma, influence, and leader-member relations
c. leader-member relations, task structure, and position power
d. task structure, leadership ability, and group conflict
e. emotional intelligence, group orientation, and employee status
19) The reconceptualization of the contingency model by Garcia and Fiedler is called _____ theory.
b. cognitive resource
d. leadership recognition
e. cognitive dissonance
20) Which path-goal leadership style leads to greater satisfaction when tasks are ambiguous or stressful?
21) According the Path-Goal Theory, what leader is friendly and shows concern for the needs of followers?
a. the achievement-oriented leader
b. the directive leader
c. the laissez-faire leader
d. the participative leader
e. the supportive leader
22) Phrases such as “more cultural diversity,” “many new entrants with inadequate skills,” and “increase in professionals” are all examples of what force for change?
b. world politics
c. nature of the work force
d. social trends
23) What is a goal of planned change?
a. to change the forces of change
b. to alter the agents of change
c. to change employees’ responsibilities
d. to improve the ability to adapt to the environment
e. to alter the employees’ environment
24) Using covert influence to overcome resistance to change is called what?
25) If individuals resisting change are included in making change decisions in an attempt to gain their support, what is this approach is called?
26) Which of the following is a characteristic of organizational control?
a. Formality orientation
b. Decision orientation
c. Team orientation
d. Managerial orientation
27) What term describes the key characteristic of organizational control that addresses the degree to which employees are expected to exhibit precision?
a. accuracy orientation
c. attention to detail
28) Power is
a. a means for leaders to achieve goals
b. defined by leaders’ hopes and aspirations
c. a goal in and of itself
d. not an influence on leaders’ goals
29) Leaders achieve goals, and power is
a. defined by leaders’ hopes and aspirations
b. usually used by poor leaders
c. a means of achieving goals
d. a goal in and of itself
e. a strong influence on leaders’ goals
30) The most important aspect of power is probably that it _____.
a. is needed to get things done in an organization
b. is a function of dependency
c. tends to corrupt people
d. is counterproductive
e. involves control
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more