1. List the major components of a business plan. What components are of primarily concerned to you, and why?
2. What is the significance of a business succession plan?
3. What is the importance of liquidity?
4. Carry Yoki’s Lounge consists of the following. Carry, the owner believed that people would come to hear a band play on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening. During the remainder of the week, she believed her customers would watch sporting events on several television sets located throughout the lounge. Carry employed two bartenders, three servers, two assistant servers, two cooks, one dishwasher and a clean-up person. She had a bar, 15 barstools, 4 tables, 40 chairs, 4 television sets, and one satellite dish. She had an oven, stove, grill, refrigerator, sinks, dishes, and glassware. Carry started this business with $50,000 of her own money, and she borrowed $150,000 from the bank. From this description, list each of the scarce resources that are used in Carry Yoki’s Lounge.
5. Carol Jones wanted her business to increase sales by 50 percent over the next five years. To do this, she must hire three more people. She wanted to determine how to evaluate these people, so she lists their job specifications and develops job descriptions. She also listed where these employees would work and what training they would require. What management functions is Carol performing, and how do they apply to this scenario?
6. Sam Jones, Mary Adams, and Larry Brown have been talking about starting their own business for several years. Sam is an electronic repairman, Mary is a partner in a large law firm, and Larry is an excellent sales person. Sam and Larry will work in the business on an equal basis. It will cost $100,000 to start this business. Sam has no money, Mary has $60,000 and Larry has $40,000. If they form a partnership, how would you recommend that they organize?
7. Joe Latte has completed a business plan and determined that it will take $120,000 to open the coffee and gelato shop. He has $30,000 of his own money and will have to obtain $90,000 in loans or grants. How should Joe go about getting financing? What is the probability that he can obtain a grant to start an Italian ice cream shop?
8. Construct an income statement using the following information: net sales, $500,000; salaries, $100,000; rent, $24,000; COGS, $250,000; utilities, $25,000; payroll taxes, $25,000; insurance, $12,000; and interest expense, $5,450. Make sure that you include gross profit, operating expenses, and net profit.
|Assessment Mapping Checklist
Learner Name/ID: ___________________________________
|Performance & Knowledge Evidence||C/NYC||Comments|
|· access clients’ needs and analyse their financial data|
|prepare and document appropriate advice for clients that:
· complies with financial legislation and accounting standards, practices and principles
|· assesses taxation, compliance and business viability issues faced by clients|
|· assesses risk management options and practices
|· explain the key requirements of taxation legislation relating to deductions, allowances and charges|
|· list the key areas that can cause significant taxation issues|
|· compare and contrast forecasting techniques|
|· identify and explain the key features of government financial policy and secretary’s financial management instructions|
|· explain the key requirements of relevant corporations and consumer legislation|
|· describe a range of methods for presenting and formatting financial data|
|· identify and explain the key principles of cash flow and budgetary control|
|· identify and categorise sources of information on financial products and markets|
|· outline a range of risks and contingencies and risk management options relating to financial and business performance|
|· outline client rights and responsibilities.|
|· explain the security procedures for handling cheques, vouchers and cash|
|· describe the key features of a range of reports.
|Signed by Learner:
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more