ASSIGNMENT 1- PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT (MGT101)
Assignment upload in Week 4 (Sunday)
CASE STUDY/PROJECT REPORT ASSIGNMENT
Starbucks’ Growth Destroyed Brand Value
Leadership & Managing People Case
Starbucks announcement that it will close few stores in Saudi Arabia admission of limits to growth.
The founder Howard Schultz recognized the problem that his own growth strategy had created: “Stores no longer have the soul of the past and reflect a chain of stores vs. the warm feeling of a neighborhood store.” Starbucks tried to add value through innovation, offering wi-fi service, creating and selling its own music. More recently, Starbucks attempted to put the focus back on coffee, revitalizing the quality of its standard beverages. But none of these moves addressed the fundamental problem: Starbucks is a mass brand attempting to command a premium price for an experience that is no longer special.
How will you help company to recover and expand its operation in Saudi Arabia. The Company hired you as CEO of Starbucks coffee in Saudi Arabia
1. To sustain and expand the Starbucks Stores in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you have to write the: (400 – 500 words)
a. Identify the competitive advantage (s) in business for growth
b. What are the different Products and type of services that can be offered.
c. Business objective/goals/vision
2. Identify and describe the four managerial functions that can be applied in Starbucks business in Saudi Arabia. (200 – 300 words)
3. Explain the different types of planning for the different levels of management in Starbucks in KSA. Include the typical time frame for which each plan is created. (200 – 300 words)
4. Discuss different theoretical perspectives about management in context of Starbucks. Give at least three reasons. (100 – 200 words)
5. Conclude your report. (100 – 200 words)
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· The word count for this assignment must be between 2000 to 2500 words max.
· Student is allowed to cite 10% from the word limit (2500 word limit means 250 words can be cited).
· The submission method will be through blackboard.
· Assignment submission deadline is End of week 7
|Upload||Due Date||Points covered||Marks|
|Sunday Week 4||End of Week 7||1,2 &3||4|
|4 & 5||3|
|Total Marks for Assignment 1||7|
· All students are encouraged to use their own words.
· A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it
A Gentle Reminder:
Writing a case study/project report involves following a few rules. These are as follows:
A case study report is not an essay: it is a call for action, to be read by the company’s
managers and executives. Thus, it is of the utmost importance to state immediately, in the
introduction, the report’s conclusion (the action to be considered). This will avoid lengthy
argument and digression.
The report should then set out the reasons for this recommendation,
rather than being written in an “investigative” mode which only identifies the solution at
A written report is a means of communication: to facilitate this, it should include a table
of contents, page numbering, and all the other basic requirements of a properly formatted document.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more