Acct 571: Week 6 Project-Comprehensive Accounting Project
Team, you have been called in to help James Miller who has operated a part-time architectural business from his home. His accountant has decided to quit working for him and Miller has decided he needs a more organized approach to keeping his accounting records. (Miller has kept his accounting records in a big file cabinet). Miller has decided to move to a rented office space and is planning to operate the business on a full-time basis. The business will be known as Miller Architects, Inc. Miller also has the following transactions that took place during the month of June 20XX:
· June 1. The following assets were received from James Miller in exchange for common stock: Cash, $ 23,400; accounts receivable, $ 4,000; supplies, $1,900 and Office Equipment, $ 15,500. There were no liabilities received.
· June 1. Paid six months’ rent in advance on a lease rental contract, $ 6,000.
· June 2. Paid the premiums on property and casualty insurance policies, $ 2,400. ( The policy is for six months)
· June 4. Received cash from the Smith Company as an advance payment for services to be provided and it will be recorded as unearned fees for $ 5,000.
· June 5. Purchased a new computer on account from Stone’s Computer Nook for $ 3,000. The useful life has been determined to be 5 years.
· June 6. Received cash from clients on account for $ 2,200.
· June 9. Paid cash to Greenfield Tribune for a newspaper advertisement, $ 150.
· June 12. Recorded services provided on account to various clients for the period of June 1 thru 12, for $ 4,900.
· June 13. Paid Stone’s Computer Nook for part of the liability incurred on June 5, $ 750.
· June 14. Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks’ salary, $ 900.
· June 17. Paid cash for supplies, $ 900.
· June 20. Purchased additional office equipment on account from Merrick Office Supply store for $ 2,500.
· June 20. Recorded services provided on account to various clients for the period of June 13-20, $ 3,100.
· June 24. Received cash from clients for fees earned during the period of June 17 thru 24, $ 5,400.
· June 26. Received cash from clients on account from June 12 services, $ 2,000.
· June 27. Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks salary, $ 900.
· June 29. Paid telephone bill for June, $ 320.
· June 29. Paid electricity bill for June, $ 485.
· June 30. Recorded cash from clients for fees earned for the period of June 25-30, $ 3,200.
· June 30. Recorded services provided on account for the remainder of June, $ 1,700.
· June 30. Paid dividends of $ 3,000.
Possible adjustment data for Miller Architects as of June 30, 20XX:
a. Insurance expired during June is $400.
b. Supplies on hand on June 30 is $ 2,250.
c. Monthly depreciation of office equipment is $ 300.
d. Monthly depreciation of computer is $ 50
e. Rent expired during June is $1,000.
f. Accrued receptionist salary on June 30 is $ 150.
g. Unearned fees on June 30 is $ 4,000.
Deliverables for this project:
· Your job is to review the transactions and help Miller Architects, Inc. develop a chart of accounts that Miller Architects, Inc. will utilize in the future.
· Your next task to record these transactions using Excel. You will need to make general journal and a general ledger for Miller Architects
After the recording the transactions and posting the transactions into the general journal and general ledger that you have created, please complete the following tasks:
· unadjusted trial balance.
· Prepare the adjusting entries and post to the general ledger.
· adjusted trial balance.
· Prepare the financial statements for the month of June.
· Prepare the closing entries for the month of June and post to the general ledger.
· post-closing trial balance for the month of June.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more