Using the regression results and other computations from Assignment 1, determine the market structure in which the low-calorie food company now operates.
Use the Internet to research two (2) of the leading competitors in the low-calorie microwavable food industry, and take note of their pricing strategies, profitability, and their relationships within the industry (worldwide).
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Outline a plan that will assess the effectiveness of the market structure for the company’s operations. In Assignment 1, the assumption was that the market structure [or selling environment] was perfectly competitive and that the equilibrium price was to be determined by setting QD equal to QS. You are now aware of recent changes in the selling environment that suggest an imperfectly competitive market where your firm now has substantial market power in setting its own “optimal” price.
2. Given that business operations have changed from the market structure specified in the original scenario in Assignment 1, determine two (2) likely factors that might have caused the change. Predict the primary manner in which this change would likely impact business operations in the new market environment.
3. Analyze the short run and long cost functions for the low-calorie microwaveable food company given the cost functions below and suggest substantive ways in which the low-calorie food company may use this information in order to make decisions in both the short-run and the long-run.
Total Cost: TC = 160,000,000 – 115.56Q + 0.01111Q2
Variable Cost: VC = – 115.56Q + 0.01111Q2
Marginal Cost: MC = -115.56 + 0.02222Q
a. Write the equation for the Average Total Cost function (ATC). (Hint: ATC = TC/Q.)
b. Determine the quantity (Q) associated with minimum ATC. (Hint: ATC is minimized when ATC = MC).
c. Determine the minimum value of ATC.
Remember that to be profitable, the product’s price (P) must be greater than its average total cost (ATC) at the optimal level of output (Q).
4. Determine the possible circumstances under which the company should discontinue operations. Suggest key actions that management should take in order to confront these circumstances. Provide a rationale for your response. (Hint: Your firm’s price must cover average variable costs in the short run and average total costs in the long run to continue operations.)
5. Suggest one (1) pricing policy that will enable your low-calorie microwavable food company to maximize profits. Provide a rationale for your suggestion. (Hint: In Assignment 1, you determined your firm’s market demand equation to be QD = 211,000 -10P. This is equivalent to the inverse demand equation: P = 21,100 – 0.10 Q. Since Total Revenue (TR) is P x Q, your firm’s Total Revenue (TR) and Marginal Revenue (MR) functions are:
Total Revenue: TR = (P*Q) = 21,100 Q – 0.10 Q2
Marginal Revenue: MR =(dTR/dQ) = 21,100 – 0.20 Q
Hint: Use the profit maximization rule MR = MC to determine your optimal price and optimal output level now that you have market power. Compare these values with the values you generated in Assignment 1. Is your price higher or lower? What about the quantity?
6. Outline a plan, based on the information provided in the scenario that the company could use in order to evaluate its financial performance. Consider all the key drivers of performance, such as company profit( or loss) for both the short term and long term, and the fundamental manner in which each factor influences managerial decisions.
(a)Calculate profit in the short run by using the price and output levels you generated in part 6. [Optional: You may want to compare this to what profit would have been in Assignment 1 using the cost function provided here].
(b) Calculate profit in the long run by using the output level you generated in p
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more