Name: __________________ Date: ___________
8 questions @ 2 points each; 1 question @ 4 points each; and 2 questions @ 5 points each. 30 points total.
*Note: There are 2 parts to this worksheet.
1. Paste a photograph of your completed motor here. (4 points)
2. What orientation of the coil (vertical or horizontal) allows current to flow? What happens as you rotate the windings 180 degrees from this position? (2 points)
3. Why did we remove the insulation from only one side of the axle tail in the set-up? What would happen if we removed all of the insulation from both ends? (2 points)
4. What two items in the experiment could you change to easily increase or decrease the speed it rotates? Remember that the force on the windings is proportional to both the magnetic field strength and the current. (2 points)
5. Why do you think the number of loops in the coil is important? How would the force on the loop change if there were fewer turns of wire? Remember that the force depends on the amount of charge moving in one direction. (2 points)
6. Given the power available and the size of the coil, there is an ideal number of coil turns that make a motor that spins fast without being unstable. What problems do you think you would run into if you made a coil with 50 turns of wire using the same setup? (2 points)
7. What happened when you connected the battery to the hand generator? Explain why. (2 points)
8. Paste your induced voltage-time graph here. (4 points)
9. Record the areas under each peak in the table below. (4 points)
|South pole||Positive peak|
|North pole||Positive peak|
Part 2: Questions
10. Is the incoming flux equal to the outgoing flux? Explain. (2 points)
12. Why are the peaks opposite in direction? (2 points)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more