BUS 475 Final Exam8
1) The first step in activity-based costing is to __________.
A. identify the cost driver that has a strong correlation to the activity cost pool
B. identify and classify the major activities involved in the manufacture of specific products
C. assign manufacturing overhead costs for each activity cost pool to products
D. compute the activity-based overhead rate per cost driver
2) H55 Company sells two products, beer and wine. Beer has a 10 percent profit margin and wine has a 12 percent profit margin. Beer has a 27 percent contribution margin and wine has a 25 percent contribution margin. If other factors are equal, which product should H55 push to customers?
A. It should sell an equal quantity of both
B. Selling either results in the same additional income for the company
3) Balance sheet accounts are considered to be __________.
A. nominal accounts
B. capital accounts
C. temporary stockholders’ accounts
D. permanent accounts
4) In what situations will a static budget be most effective in evaluating a manager’s effectiveness?
A. The company has no fixed costs.
B. The planned activity levels match actual activity levels.
C. The company has substantial fixed costs.
D. The company has substantial variable costs.
5) Sam’s Used Cars uses the specific identification method of costing inventory. During March, Sam purchased three cars for $6,000, $7,500, and $9,750, respectively. During March, two cars are sold for $9,000 each. Sam determines that at March 31, the $9,750 car is still on hand. What is Sam’s gross profit for March?
6) The conceptual framework developed by the Financial Accounting Standards Board __________.
A. is legally binding on all accountants
B. is viewed as providing a constitution for setting accounting standards for financial reporting
C. was approved by a vote of all accountants
D. are rules that all accountants must follow
7) The income statement and balance sheet columns of Pine Company’s worksheet reflects the following totals:
Income Statement Balance Sheet
Dr. Cr. Dr. Cr.
Totals $58,000 $48,000 $34,000 $44,000
The net income (or loss) for the period is __________.
A. not determinable
B. $10,000 loss
C. $48,000 income
D. $10,000 income
8) Of the following companies, which one would not likely employ the specific identification method for inventory costing?
A. Hardware store
B. Antique shop
C. Music store specializing in organ sales
D. Farm implement dealership
9) What is value chain management best defined as?
A. All activities associated with providing a product or service
B. The incremental value of costs associated with hiring a new production floor leader
C. A large chain that keeps the machines from falling on the production floor
D. Management decisions that affect how quickly the production run occurs
10) A well-designed activity-based costing system starts with __________.
A. analyzing the activities performed to manufacture a product
B. assigning manufacturing overhead costs for each activity cost pool to products
C. identifying the activity-cost pools
D. computing the activity-based overhead rate
11) Multinational corporations __________.
A. are U.S. companies that trade their securities on the exchanges in other countries
B. are U.S. companies that sell goods and services in other countries
C. are required to use international accounting standards
D. are firms that conduct their operations in more than one country through subsidiaries, divisions, or branches in foreign countries
12) A company just starting in business purchased three merchandise inventory items at the following prices. First purchase $80; Second purchase $95; Third purchase $85. If the company sold two units for a total of $240 and used FIFO costing, the gross profit for the period would be _____.
13) “Generally accepted” in the phrase generally accepted accounting principles means that the principles __________.
A. have been approved for use by the managements of business firms
B. have substantial authoritative support
C. are proven theories of accounting
D. have been approved by the Internal Revenue Service
14) The major reporting standard for management accounts is __________.
A. generally accepted accounting principles
B. the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
C. the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Practitioners of Management Accounting and Financial Management
D. relevance to decisions
15: A tax on an imported good is called a __________.
A. trade tax
D. supply tax
16) In economics, the cost of something is __________.
A. often impossible to quantify, even in principle
B. always measured in units of time given up to get it
C. the dollar amount of obtaining it
D. what you give up to get it
17) Which of the following statements about GDP is correct?
A. GDP increases if the total population increases.
B. Money continuously flows from households to government and then back to households, and GDP measures this flow of money.
C. GDP measures two things at once: the total income of everyone in the economy and the unemployment rate.
D. GDP is to a nation’s economy as household income is to a household.
18) The price of a good that prevails in a world market is called the
A. world price.
B. relative price.
C. absolute price.
D. comparative price.
19) Lekeisha’s income exceeds her expenditures. Lekeisha is a __________.
A. borrower who supplies money to the financial system
B. saver who supplies money to the financial system
C. saver who demands money from the financial system
D. borrower who demands money from the financial system
20) One characteristic of an oligopoly market structure is:
A. the actions of one seller have no impact on the profitability of other sellers.
B. firms in the industry have some degree of market power.
C. firms in the industry are typically characterized by very diverse product lines.
D. products typically sell at a price that reflects their marginal cost of production.
21) When a firm sells a good or a service, the sale contributes to the nation’s income __________.
A. We have to know whether the item being sold is a good or a service in order to answer the question
B. only if the buyer of the good or service is a household
C. only if the buyer of the good or service is a household or another firm
D. whether the buyer of the good or a service is a household, another firm, or the government
22) The model of short-run economic fluctuations focuses on the price level and __________.
A. Net GDP
B. real GDP
C. economic growth
D. the neutrality of money
23) The open-economy macroeconomic model examines the determination of __________.
A. the trade balance and the exchange rate
B. the output growth rate and the real interest rate
C. unemployment and the exchange rate
D. the output growth rate and the inflation rate
24) In general, the longest lag for __________.
A. fiscal policy is the time it takes to change policy, while for monetary policy the longest lag is the time it takes for policy to affect aggregate demand
B. both fiscal and monetary policy is the time it takes to change policy
C. both fiscal and monetary policy is the time it takes for policy to affect aggregate demand
D. monetary policy is the time it takes to change policy, while for fiscal policy the longest lag is the time it takes for policy to affect aggregate demand
25) The political business cycle refers to __________.
A. changes in output created by the monetary rule the Fed must follow
B. the fact that about every four years some politician advocates greater government control of the Fed
C. the potential for a central bank to increase the money supply and therefore real GDP to help the incumbent get re-elected
D. the part of the business cycle caused by the reluctance of politicians to smooth the business cycle
26) The open-economy macroeconomic model includes __________.
A. neither the market for loanable funds or the market for foreign-currency exchange
B. only the market for loanable funds
C. only the market for foreign-currency exchange
D. both the market for loanable funds and the market for foreign-currency exchange
27) In the open-economy macroeconomic model, other things the same, a decrease in the interest rate shifts __________.
A. the supply of dollars in the market for foreign-currency exchange to the left
B. the demand for dollars in the market for foreign-currency exchange to the right
C. the demand for dollars in the market for foreign-currency exchange to the left
D. the supply of dollars in the market for foreign-currency exchange to the right
28) An invisible barrier that makes it difficult for certain groups, such as minorities and women, to move beyond a certain level in the organizational hierarchy is referred to as the:
B. Job enrichment theory
C. Glass floor
D. Black box theory
E. Glass ceiling
29) An organization that is managed aggressively and has growth and high profits as primary objectives may be considered a(n):
A. Entrepreneurship venture
B. Small business
C. Online Business
D. Multinational corporation
E. Large corporation
30) A series of quality standards developed by a committee working under the International Organization for Standardization to improve total quality in all businesses for the benefit of both producers and consumers is:
A. Computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM)
B. ISO 9000
C. Customer-based integration
D. Total quality management
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more