Assignment 1- FOR THE ASSIGNMENT BELOW PICK ONE QUESTION FROM EACH CATEGORY….
You will answer four questions, each with a long essay. The long essay would be a traditional essay that is typically five paragraphs long. The first paragraph should introduce the topic and state the student’s position / answer to the question. It should contain between three-five (3-5) complete sentences, including the thesis statement for the essay. The second, third, and fourth paragraphs are the body paragraphs. Each body paragraph should contain between three-five (3-5) sentences, including the topic sentence (first sentence of the body paragraph, states a main point that supports the thesis) and at least two-three (2-3) specific examples per main point. The fifth and final paragraph should begin with a restatement of the thesis. It should be three-five (3-5) complete sentences, and include a brief summary/conclusion of the student’s answer to the essay question. It is essential, particularly in the survey courses, for students to provide cites and footnotes for their work in untimed exams. Citations must adhere to the Chicago Style format but perfection is not expected. An example of common citations are included on pages four and five of this edition.
A)Please answer one of the following: I had part of the answer
1) Who was John Collier, and what role did he play in creating a “New Deal” for Native People?
John Collier was a prominent American who supported the welfare of the Indians. The then president appointed him to be the commissioner of Indian affairs and while in this docket he was very instrumental in pushing the Native American agenda through federal policy (Salinas, 1995). The main way in which he did this was by the Indian Reorganization Act. The reason that he rooted for the protection of the Indian culture was the fact that he had spent some time in an art colony in Taos and by the time that he left, he by the time that he left he believed that the Indian culture was under threat from the encroachment of the white Americans (Salinas, 1995).
After the success of the Indian Reorganization Act, he introduced the Indian New Deal which was one of the most influential acts concerning the welfare of the Indians and their interactions with the white Americans. The New Deal that was the brain child of Collier was also known as the Wheeler-Howard Act and the reason that it was so influential was that it mandated that be 50 years of assimilation policies. Another factor that made the New Deal worth noting was the fact that it mentioned Indian land that was taken by the governments in the late 1880s (Taylor, 1984). The New Deal emphasized self-determination on the part of the Indians and also demanded that the government return Indian communal land. This did not go well with some of the land owners since it was in contradiction of the Indian General Allotment Act that was signed in 1887 (Taylor, 1984).
Salinas, T. (1995). Pearl Chase, John Collier, and Indian reform through the New Deal.
Taylor, T. (1984). The Bureau of Indian Affairs. Boulder, Colo.: Westview Press.
B)Please answer one of the following:
1) Explain Spanish, French, and English patterns of contact with Native Americans: How did their goals and type of colonization affect the success or failure of relations with Native groups?
2) Explain French patterns of contact with Native Americans: How did their goals and type of colonization affect the success or failure of relations with Native groups?
3) Explain English patterns of contact with Native Americans: How did their goals and type of colonization affect the success or failure of relations with Native groups?
4) How did Native responses to European activities affect the direction that colonies took?
C)Please answer one of the following:
1) What are the central events and issues concerning American Indian cultures and society between 1492 and the contemporary period?
2) What historical events and issues impact contemporary political developments among Native Americans communities in North and South America?
3) What role is history playing in settling contemporary lawsuits regarding Native Americans?
4) What historical events and issues impact contemporary economic developments among Native Americans communities in North and South America?
D)Please answer one of the following:
1) In the nineteenth century, historian Francis Parkman asserted that “Spanish civilization crushed the Indian, French civilization embraced and cherished him, [while] English civilization scorned and neglected him.” Do you agree with these characterizations? How might you append, amend, or entirely upend them?
2) How successful was the Termination and Relocation program of the 1950s?
3) Explain the importance of having a reasonably accurate demographic analysis of pre-Columbian populations.
4) Would you characterize members of the American Indian Movement as domestic terrorists? Why or why not?
500 Words APA FORMAT intext citations and references
1) Identify all of the Executive Branch departments, agencies, etc., that have a role regarding the nation’s nuclear weapons and what each of their roles is.
2) Discuss the impact of thousands of lobbyists in Washington DC and billions of dollars spent every year to change federal policies. Is it effective in changing federal policies? Explain.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more