Please answer the 3 questions in 150 words:
1.Many have said that Universal Design for Learning (UDL) promotes better teaching practices for all educators. Discuss whether you agree or disagree with that statement and provide specific reasons, facts, and real-world examples to support your ideas. In replies to peers, support or refute the ideas presented using evidence from the study materials and your research.
2.After completing “Differentiated Instruction: Maximizing the Learning of All Students” and “RTI (PART 1),” describe how a multi-tiered system of support and response to intervention can support the learning of all students in a classroom. List at least four benefits of using MTSS/RTI with struggling students. Defend your reasons with citations and references. In replies to peers, discuss additional benefits that have not already been mentioned.
3. One thing I often see teachers become frustrated with is the Child Find Process and MTSS/RTI. So often, teachers will provide interventions to their students who are struggling but they fail to document progress. They then want to refer the child for possible special education evaluation only to find out the team rejected the proposal and sent the teacher back to collect necessary data on interventions. What is one way you will help teachers understand the importance of documentation?
Please respond to the response questions in 150 words.
4. Marlee wrote: From what I researched universal design does not mean one type of teaching for all. It means that anyone can use the design for learning regardless of ability. One provided exampled was an automatic door. Anyone can use the door and most often people do prefer it, but it was designed to be more accommodating to those who might need assistance opening doors. I would agree that it could promote better teaching practices. By creating an inclusive classroom for all students, it would reduce stigma for students who receive accommodations. “By giving a variety of options to all students, UDL doesn’t single out the few who receive formal accommodations as part of IEPs or 504 plans” (Morin, N.D.). There are times that students do no qualify for certain services, but using a UDL could accommodate those students. UDL is a framework that uses three main principles of representation, action and expression, and engagement. Using the UDL framework and applying these principles to one’s lesson planning could only promote better teaching practices. Using a universal design for learning could make learning for inclusive for all students.
5. Cassie wrote: A multi-tiered system of support and response to intervention can support learning by ensuring all students are getting the help they need. The ultimate goal for a teacher is to have their students succeed. “In the RTI approach, struggling students’ skills are monitored to determine whether they show adequate growth (referred to as responsiveness) following the implementation of high-quality instruction” (IRISCENTER, n.d.). Often times, without RTI, students who may have been minimally behind in lower grade levels, are far more behind later. RTI closes the gap for students who are not behind or struggling enough to qualify for special education services.
The underlying purpose of a multi-tiered support system and RTI is to eliminate inadequate instruction. This can benefit all students. Some teachers may get stuck in their ways or have not been challenged to switch up instruction. Because the first tier in the support system call for evidence and researched based instruction, it causes the teacher to develop professionally.
This method may also become a more accurate means to identifying those with true learning disabilities. Iris Center lists these benefits associated with RTI and early intervening:
· Ensure that all students receive high-quality instruction in the general education classroom
· Promote immediate intervention as soon as students’ reading problems are revealed
· Prevent substantial reading difficulties from developing
· Reduce inappropriate referrals and placements in special education for students with learning disabilities
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more