Soc 309 World System
Prepare to answer two of the following sets of questions:
1. What technological developments were needed to determine longitude at sea? Why were the British able to win the race to determine longitude and establish Greenwich as the world’s prime meridian? How did this contribute to other economic developments in Great Britain?
2. What economic, social, and environmental developments contributed to the crisis of feudalism in Europe (1300-1450)? What solutions did Europeans advance to address these problems? How did their efforts contribute to the creation of a new world-economy between 1450 and 1650?
3. What steps did Spain take to seize control of the emerging world-economy and create a Spanish empire? Why did they fail? Why were its rivals able to curb Spanish power? What did this mean politically for the emerging world-system?
4. How did European states deploy pirates and privateers to challenge Spain? What role did pirates play in economic development of the Caribbean? And what developments contributed to naval mutinies in 1797?
5. What developments contributed to the expansion of cotton production across America between 1800 and 1860? How did southern planters increase cotton production and what did this mean for enslaved African Americans? How did the slave-cotton economy fuel economic growth in the United States and contribute to the expansion of British colonialism in India?
6. How did the emergence of Jim Crow institutions affect African Americans in the South after Reconstruction? How did African Americans challenge Jim Crow? And how did redlining and other measures adversely affect economic opportunities for African Americans in the North?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more